Barnes & Noble Nook | Apple iPad and iPhone | Sony Reader
Most Android-based tablets and smartphones | Kobo eReader
Devices Not Supported:
Freading is a brand new way to enjoy eBooks from the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library System. With Freading, you’ll find thousands of eBooks from every genre, and you can explore them all without ever waiting on a hold or worrying about late fees. Read on your computer or take the book with you on a compatible eReader, smartphone, or tablet!
Helpful tips before you get started
Installing Freading books on various devices Quick Reference Guides
- Installing and viewing Freading books on a computer [PDF Handout]
- Installing and viewing Freading books on an iPad or iPhone (no computer needed) [PDF Handout]
- Installing and viewing Freading books on a Nook BW (requires a computer) [PDF Handout]
- Installing and viewing Freading books on a Nook Color (requires a computer) [PDF Handout]
- Installing and viewing Freading books on a Sony E-Reader (requires a computer) [PDF Handout]
At the start of each week, you are given 6 download tokens to use on Freading. Each eBook download costs between 1 and 4 tokens. Unused tokens rollover to the next week, but all tokens reset to 6 again every four weeks.
Freading eBooks check out for two weeks at which point they can be renewed for another two week lending period. Renewals for the newest titles cost one download token, but older books renew for no cost.
Software and Supported Devices
Freading eBooks can be read on your computer and on compatible eReaders, tablets, and smartphones. You will need the free Adobe Digital Editions software to use Freading. For a list of compatible devices and details on how to use them with Freading, visit the Freading FAQ. Please visit the known issues section if you are experiencing problems installing Adobe Digital Editions onto your Mac OSX Lion.
If you have any comments or questions about the Freading eBook service, please contact us at email@example.com.