||Skills & Behaviors
||Understands the requirements and demonstrates the skills and abilities to perform the job efficiently and effectively.
||· Knows and follows Library policies and procedures
· Demonstrates appropriate phone etiquette and procedures
· Knows and follows safety/emergency procedures
· Learns and applies new skills and knowledge
· Understands required duties as defined by the job description
· Resolves issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner
· Maintains awareness of library events/services and communicates when appropriate
· Understands and upholds the Ohio Ethics Law & Related Statutes
||The ability to communicate effectively, with a wide range of audiences, using a variety of methods.
||· Listens to others and verifies understanding of the message
· Responds to others in a timely and effective manner
· Uses a variety of communication methods to achieve clear, accurate understanding of the message
· Shares information and keeps customers/co-workers informed
· Exhibits positive non-verbal communication skills through appropriate body language and eye contact
· Exercises courtesy, tact, and respect in communication efforts
· Gives and accepts feedback in a positive manner
||The ability to effectively and positively meet or exceed the needs of the Library’s diverse internal and external customers.
||· Welcomes interactions in a friendly and professional manner
· Anticipates and addresses customer and staff expectations/needs
· Applies customer service skills to effectively address a variety of scenarios
· Protects sensitive and important information/data
· Recognizes and respects the variety of customers in the community and accommodates their diverse needs
· Provides equitable service to all customers
||The commitment to take appropriate action to meet customer and Library goals and needs, as well as accept responsibility for the results.
||· Ensures accuracy and completeness of work
· Accepts responsibility for own actions and seeks to correct and learn from mistakes
· Demonstrates a commitment to continued learning
· Displays initiative & is self-directed
· Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality
· Maintains flexibility, accepts change, and adapts
· Manages own time and priorities effectively
||The ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
||· Willingly assists others by sharing expertise and time
· Respects the ideas and opinions of others
· Works with others to solve problems and achieve results
· Interacts effectively with managers and co-workers
· Contributes to a positive work environment
||Demonstrates the technological skills essential for the efficient work of the Library and the individual work of the department.
||· Shows willingness to learn and keep current with library-provided technology
· Shows willingness to learn and keep current with library-provided equipment
· Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
· Demonstrates the ability to use a mouse and a keyboard
· Knows how to access and use the Library web site, staff intranet, BambooHR
· Knows how to send and receive email and open attachments
· Performs basic troubleshooting of technical problems and resolves or refers appropriately
· Follows Library acceptable use policies for email, Internet, and business information systems
||Gives direction and communicates expectations and performance feedback. Maintains a work environment that contributes to the well-being of others and supports the Library’s mission and vision.
||· Provides direction and defines priorities for staff
· Supports and motivates staff by sharing information, advice, and suggestions for success
· Shows good stewardship of library resources (including staff, buildings, equipment, and collections)
· Models professional and ethical behaviors
· Fosters continuous improvement and innovation among staff
· Understands the goals and values of the Library; models and displays/communicates these effectively to staff