Tech Center @ Main
[ Computer Services ] [ Wireless Internet FAQ ] [ Wireless Printing Information ]
Tech Center Hours:
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Monday: 9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
The Tech Center, which was established in 1996 at the Main Library of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, is an open use lab with 26 public computers available. The Main Library also has 5 Express Kiosks for faster service. They are perfect for checking email or printing out last minute directions.
You must have a valid W-TCPL library card in your name and in good standing to use public computers.
- All W-TCPL public computers feature 17 inch monitors, CD R/RW drives, USB Capabilities, Windows 7, and the Microsoft Office 2010 suite featuring Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Access. The public computers have headphones installed. The Tech Center also has two computers with ZoomText software to assist the visually impaired.
- Printing is available from all of our computers at a cost of $0.10 per page for black and white prints and $0.25 per page for color prints.
- All adult public computers feature our Library Resource Links Page as the browser start page. The links on those pages are evaluated and presented by Tech Center Staff.
- The Tech Center is staffed and can help with basic computer instruction or questions. Patrons are limited to two (2) one hour sessions per day Monday through Saturday. Reservations for a computer may be made up to one day in advance but are not necessary.
Every Citizen Online | Connect Ohio | Computer Instructional Classes
The Tech Center currently offers three computer instructional classes in conjunction with the Connect Ohio program. The classes are open to anyone 18 or older regardless of prior computer knowledge.
- The first class is "Introduction to Computers." During this 90 minute class, you will learn about the parts of a computer (hardware), types of removable storage, the Windows based operating system, Windows terminology, and the basics of using a mouse
- The second class is "Introduction to the Internet." During this 90 minute class, you will learn about the types of home Internet connections available, the basics about Uniform Resource Locators (URLs or Web Addresses), how to use a search engine, and email basics
- The third class is "Introduction to E-Mail". During this 90 minute class, you will learn how to log into a web based email account, sending and receiving emails, sending and receiving attachments, how to forward emails and what spam is.
Space is limited and a reservation is required. Contact the Tech Center at 330-399-8807, ext. 201 for class times and availability.
The Tech Center houses a collection of Tribune-Chronicle newspapers on Microfilm from September 9, 1891 to the present. Microfilm copies are available for $0.10.